The VEO Patient Experience (PX) and the VEO Insight & Design teams designed this artifact in partnership with the Veterans Health Administration. This roadmap integrates ideas from VA facility leaders with best practices from the best in class private sector health systems. This roadmap is uniquely designed for VHA.
We invite you to use this roadmap as your operating model towards PX excellence. It builds upon the VA Patient Experience Domains, providing an adaptable approach based on five key action-oriented stages. Start and maintain the dialogue about patient experience. Follow suit by taking deliberate actions towards your journey to PX excellence.
Roadmap courtesy of Jeffrey Tennen.
This paper addresses the functional and cost advantages of single use ophthalmic lens for both clinic and surgical functions. These lenses are the first in the category to provide a solution to Joint Commission infection control standards while decreasing the need for reusable medical equipment. The paper provides a cost-benefit analysis based on the VA hospital model. Discussion over the benefits of single use optics as well as the risks associated with reusable lenses is included.
In 2016, Montana’s largest healthcare organization, the Billings Clinic, conducted a trial using Voi Detect in its Emergency Department (ED) to identify individuals with suicidal ideation.
The trial objectives were as follows:
- Implement a universal suicide risk screening practice
- Improve the suicide risk assessment process
- Reduce the financial cost of an effective risk assessment
- Reduce the training requirements needed to an effective suicide risk assessment
- Reduce the time needed to administer an effective suicide risk assessment
- Improve workflow for both identifying patients with near-term suicide risk and determining their treatment risk assessment
Whitepaper courtesy of Voi.